Environmentalism in South Asia:
Selected Internet Resources
Biodiversity, Biotechnology & Genetic Engineering
Organizations & movements
- Center for Science and Environment monitors green practices, global environmental issues, and publishes the bi-weekly magazine, Down to Earth
- Chipko Movement, a site about activists fighting the destruction of forests in India.
- Consumer Voice, a magazine covering Indian consumer safety and health issues.
- The Greater Common Good, a widely-reprinted article by Arundhati Roy on the Narmada Valley.
- Greenpeace India, including information on GMOs, pesticides, and climate change.
- India Together's environment page, featuring information on forests, energy, hazards, water and urban issues.
- India's National Alliance of Peoples' Movements, working for social equality and sustainable development
- Tata Energy Institute, based in Delhi, includes a wide array of research papers, publications, bibliographies and articles about environmentalism and sustainable development in India
Pollution & pesticides
- Clean Energy Nepal, a variety of publications and research reports on air quality and pollution
- Pesticide Action Network (Asia), including information on sustainable agriculture, pesticides, safe food, women in agriculture, transnational corporations.
- Toxicslink, a New Delhi-based site on the health effects of pesticides, water quality, medical and hazardous waste.
Water & dams