On this page you will find information not only about scholarship opportunities but funding that might support research and other activities associated with your academic career. It is important to distinguish between those awards that cover tuition and fees to university and those that support activities such as travel, research, training, internships, prizes and the like.
See also the UFUNDs page for specific internal funding opportunities
The largest free scholarship search engine. Registration required.
Very good place to start research for available scholarships and aid.
- Foundation Center: International Students
Scholarship and fellowship information for international students.
- Foundation Center: Student Aid
Includes resources for federal and state aid opportunities as well as scholarship and grant information for undergraduates and graduate students.
- Fulbright Programs
Links to Fulbright Program information for U.S. students and non-U.S. students.
- Looking for Student Aid without Getting Scammed
From Federal Student Aid, an office of the U.S. Department of Education. Important tips on saving your money and your identity.
- Michigan State University Library: Grants for Individuals
This compilation focuses primarily on funding opportunities for individuals, such as financial aid or scholarships for students. Opportunities listed by academic level, population group, and by subject.
- Federal Student Aid -- Federal Student Aid is responsible for managing the student financial assistance programs authorized under Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. These programs provide grants, loans, and work-study funds to students attending college or career school.
- UCLA: Scholarship Search Databases
Well maintained list of websites and databases for financial aid and scholarship information.