Last Updated: Feb 19, 2015
How to request articles not available online at Brown.
When you have the citation, but want the full article.
In addition to the searches below, PubMed provides links to some pre-written searches that may be of value to those doing Global Health work, such as:
- Health Disparities search (From this page, click on "health disparities search.) Run this search, then combine with your own topic/terms in PubMed--Advanced.
- AIDS subset A filter that is applied to your search terms. More info here. You can also search your topic and combine with "AND AIDS[sb]".
Other search filters are available through the PubMed Topic-Specific Queries.
- International Development Research Centre
The IDRC Digital Library provides the international research community with access to a current and comprehensive collection of research results and documents about a wide range of subjects related to international development.
- UN Millennium Development Goals
The eight Millennium Development Goals (MDGs) – which range from halving extreme poverty to halting the spread of HIV/AIDS and providing universal primary education, all by the target date of 2015 – form a blueprint agreed to by all the world’s countries and all the world’s leading development institutions.
- World Factbook (CIA)
Provides information on the history, people, government, economy, geography, communications, transportation, military, and transnational issues for 267 world entities.
- World Health Organization
The World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system.