As the Head of Instructional Design, I work to bridge the needs of the Brown community with the services of the Library. I work with Librarians, Faculty, Academic Technologists, the Writing Center, and Students to find those connections.
Additionally I am the Librarian for Education and for Gender and Sexuality Studies. This work combines research skills instruction with collection development. All aspects of my work involve outreach, strategic thinking, and problem solving.
I am an educator, experience designer, and researcher whose practice blends user experience with user research needs and the provision of programs.
I have degrees in Visual Communication, Educational Technology, and Library and Information Science. In 2016, I was a CLIR/Educause Leading Change Fellow.
- Open education resources and Open Textbooks in STEM
- Collaboration with the Writing Center
- Assessment: Faculty expectations for student skills
- Information and Instructional Design
- Rhode Island Open Textbook Steering Committee
- Operational planning group (Library senior management team)
- Research and Outreach Services executive committee
- Convener, Undergraduate Library Advisory Board