Skip to Main Content

Records Management at Brown University

Office of Record Reference Guide

For more information about the management of the following types of records, please contact the Records Manager or the University office indicated:

  • Administrative Records (Departments; University Archives)

  • Advancement Records (University Advancement; Medical School)

  • Alumni Records (Alumni Relations; University Archives)

  • Corporation Records (Secretary of the University; University Archives)

  • Electronic Records Security (Chief Information Security Officer)

  • Environmental Health and Safety Records (Environmental Health and Safety)

  • Facilities and Grounds Records (Facilities Management)

  • Faculty Records (Dean of Faculty)

  • Financial/Budget Records (Office of the Controller)

  • Intellectual Property Records (Office of the Vice President for Research)

  • Legal and Regulatory Compliance Records (General Counsel; Office of the Vice President for Research)

  • Personnel Records (Human Resources; Medical School; Dean of the Faculty)

  • Research Records (Office of the Vice President for Research; Office of Sponsored Projects)

  • Student Academic Records (Office of the Registrar; Dean of the College; Dean of the Graduate School; Medical School)

  • Student Life Records – including medical (Office of Student Life)

  • Student Statistics (Office of Institutional Research; Medical School; Graduate School)

  • University Archives – historical records (University Archives)

  • University Research Data and Compliance (Office of the Vice President for Research)